What sets PikaOS apart?
PikaOS has a cute birb as the logo/mascot. Who doesn't love the little guy? OwO
Gaming Out Of The box
PikaOS is setup to enable as pain free as possible Linux gaming out of the box.
We include the best drivers for your hardware either baked into the OS or installable through our welcome app.
The combination of up to date drivers and a custom tweaked kernel means PikaOS is fast.
Due to the Ubuntu base and custom patches PikaOS has high levels of software and hardware compatability.
All of our code can be found on our github and our ppas are available on launchpad. Contributions are also very welcome!
March 2023 Update
* Removed RAM requirements from the installer
* Moved to github powered build system and self hosted package repo
* Added Support for xbootldr /boot systemd-boot no longer copies kernels to efi
* Added Swap Options in the installer
* Added Neofetch art
* Almost every single package in the PikaOS repos has been updated to latest upstream
* Patched mintdrivers to show new open source nvidia drivers
* Fixed a bug where gamescope-session becomes default after install game-utils
* Fixed a bug where sound is gone after install media codecs
* Rebased Kernel to CachyOS 6.2.1 and applied the full set of nobara patches to it
* Updated Linux firmware to latest git
* Updated ffmpeg to 6.0 and added 5.1.2 fallback for compatibility
* Fixed a bug where fish wouldn't source /etc/profile
* Updated AMDGPU to 5.4.3 (RDNA3 AMF Support, Updated firmware for all amdgpus)
* Fixed arcmenu missing dependency
* Updated VRR session to 43.1
* Updated to 5.27.2
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the snap situation on PikaOS?
Why is apx present on this mutable distribution?
Why do you guys use pikman instead of apt like all the other ubuntu distributions?
Ubuntu is really slow moving distribution, isn't that terrible for a gaming distro?
- Using a list of very Polished PPA & Official Sources.
- Updating a lot of stuff ourselves.
- Enable proposed and backports repositories which unfreezes the repositories and allows feature updates, while keeping the distro rock stable.